Author, Alyssa Burley, Client Services Coordinator, Rancho Mesa Insurance Services, Inc.
Rancho Mesa's Drew Garcia, NALP Program Director, was recently published in The Landscape Professional May/June 2017 issue. The magazine is a bi-monthly publication produced by the National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP).
In the article, "Ways to Keep Workers' Compensation Costs Low," Drew discusses specific ways employers can actively work to reduce their costs. Some of the ideas he provides include:
- Winning safety awards
- Offering health benefits
- Offering employees the ability to grow within the company
- Timely claim reporting
- Thorough accident investigation techniques
- Establishing a return-to-work program
- Having Landscape Industry Certified employees on staff
- Instituting good hiring practices, including: pre-employment physicals and drug testing, reference checks and review referrals.
He also describes how an underwriter may award credits to companies who have implemented safety programs like the Safe Company Program offered by the NALP.
To read "Ways to Keep Workers' Compensation Costs Low," download the digital copy, today.
If you liked the "Ways to Keep Workers' Compensation Costs Low" article and would like to receive the full bi-monthly news magazine, The Landscape Professional, consider signing up for NALP membership.