Article originally published in "The Landscape Professional" March/April 2017 issue.
The National Association of Landscape Professionals (NALP) is partnering with Rancho Mesa Insurance Services and Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies to offer NALP members a competitive workers’ compensation option backed by specialized landscape industry expertise and a dedicated service team.
NALP created this program as a member benfit aimed at providing landscape-specific expertise at a discounted rate. A portion of the combined premium is re-invested
back into the association to help fund industry growth and the many programs that benefit NALP members.
The program includes:
- Multiple workers’ compensation options with guaranteed cost and small to large deductibles.
- 6 percent discounted rates for NALP members where allowable. Lowest available base rate in states that do not allow rate deviation.
- Flexible payment plans including stipulated, pay as you go (zero deposit) and monthly payroll reports.
- Quarterly safety webinars specific to the injuries arising out of the landscape industry.
- Dedicated service team with landscape industry specific experience in the workers’ compensation claims, injuries and exposures.
- Underwriting team evaluating only NALP members.
- Claims handling dedicated to NALP members with lower caseloads and the statistically proven ability to close claims faster than the industry.
- Loss control with regional representation for on-site visits managed nationally by a dedicated coordinator.
“Protecting your business, your employees and your bottom line is so important, so we are pleased to bring this highly competitive and tailored workers’ compensation insurance program to landscape and lawn care companies through this new partnership with Rancho Mesa and Berkshire Hathaway,” NALP CEO Sabeena Hickman, CAE, said.
The program is managed by Rancho Mesa Insurance Services, which has 10 consecutive years as a National Best Practices Agency, and policies are underwritten by Berkshire Hathaway, an A++XV rated financial services firm.
For more information, visit bit.ly/nalpworkerscomp. If you have further questions or want to sign up, email email@example.com or call program manager Drew Garcia at 619-937-0200.
Reproduced with permission from the National Association of Landscape Professionals.