Author, Alyssa Burley, Client Services Coordinator, Rancho Mesa Insurance Services, Inc.
Rancho Mesa Insurance Services, Inc., specializing in Nonprofit and Human Services since 1989, recently added The Nonprofit Risk Management Center, headquartered in Leesburg, Virginia, to its already strong compliment of Nonprofit and Human Services risk management resources. This unique tool allows Rancho Mesa to identity its clients’ exposures within their individual missions and address potential shortcomings in existing risk management plans.
“The cost of an insurance claim to a nonprofit often extends beyond repairing property or medical bills”, notes Sam Brown, Vice President Human Services Group at Rancho Mesa. “Exhausted employee capital, damage to decade’s worth of goodwill in the community, and the slowing of private donations can all happen in a matter of days. The Nonprofit Risk Management Center helps Rancho Mesa clients avoid claims and unforeseen costs.”
“We enable nonprofit leaders to identify and manage risks that threaten their missions and operations, while empowering them to leverage opportunities and take bold, mission-advancing risks,” according to NonprofitRisk.org.
Rancho Mesa now offers its clients the following resources:
- My Risk Assessment: Each question and answer module identifies risk, notes gaps, and offers specific advice.
- Risk Help: Unlimited risk management advice by phone or email,
- My Risk Management Policies: Online access to 100+ customizable risk management templates.
- My Risk Management Plan: Online access to customizable modules; includes employment practices, harm to clients, transportation, alcohol service policy, volunteer management and financial management.
- Webinar vault (150+ videos): Sample topics include Legal Risk, Financial Risk, and Children & Family Services