Author, Alyssa Burley, Client Services Coordinator, Rancho Mesa Insurance, Inc.
In an effort to improve their companies' safety programs, nearly 20 different companies sent representatives to learn how to protect their employees at Rancho Mesa's Heat Illness Prevention Workshop on Thursday, May 25, 2017 at San Diego Christian College in Santee, CA.
Berkshire Hathaway Homestate Companies' Zadock "Zee" Reid, Senior Loss Control Specialist, conducted the interactive and engaging workshop. His presentation incorporated PowerPoint slides, a demonstration of an OSHA mobile device application, and a conversational style that allowed the participants to discuss real-world issues.
The audience appreciated Zee's professional yet easy-to-follow style. The "speaker from BHHC was very polished and professional," wrote John Coker from The Land Stewards. "Very well done, great presentation," wrote Steve Boyce from Accel Framing, Inc.
Following the workshop, Rancho Mesa clients were sent various resources to assist them with their Heat Illness Prevention strategies. They included:
- Heat Illness Presentation - OSHA - English/Spanish (PDF)
- Trainers Guide - English (PDF)
- Trainers Guide - Spanish (PDF)
- Worker Fact Sheet - English (PDF)
- Worker Fact Sheet - Spanish (PDF)
- Poster - English (PDF)
- Poster - Spanish (PDF)
- CalOSHA Indoor Heat Illness Prevention (PDF)
- OSHA's Heat Safety Tool (App for Android and iPhone)
- Employer Sample Procedures for Heat Illness Prevention - English (PDF)
- Employer Sample Procedures for Heat Illness Prevention - Spanish (PDF)
- Heat Illness Prevention Training Materials 2015 - English (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Heat Illness Prevention Training Materials 2015 - Spanish (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Protect Yourself from Heat Illness English/Spanish (PDF)
- CalOSHA's Heat Illness Prevention (Webpage)
Rancho Mesa strives to provide relevant workshops and trainings for its clients. Visit the Workshops page for a current list of upcoming workshops.