Author, Chase Hixson, Account Executive, Human Services Group, Rancho Mesa Insurance Services, Inc.
The proposed changes, at the recommendation of the Workers’ Compensation Insurance Rating Bureau (WCIRB), will break the 8868 class code into the following divisions:
- 8868 & 9101 – K-College Schools (Academic Professionals & Non-Academic Professionals, Respectively)
- 8869 & 9102 – Vocational Schools, Academic Professionals & Non-Academic Professionals respectively)
- 8871 – Supplemental Education
- 8872 – Social Services
- 8873 – Training or Day Programs for Adults
- 8874 – Special Education Services for Children & Youth
- 8876 – Community Based Adult Services
These changes, if approved, could have a significant impact on California businesses. A recent article by the Workers’ Compensation Executer, a leading news source in the insurance industry, suggest up to 25% increases in some of the proposed class codes.
Rancho Mesa has specialized in the education arena for nearly 20 years and is prepared to assist clients with this transition. If you have any questions, please give me a call at (619)438-6905.